Monday, November 30, 2009

[nslu2-linux] Re: NFS writing poor performance

I tried without the sync option but again with no success.

After a more careful look in the progress bar, on my UBUNTU machine,
while writing a file, I noticed that file transfer speed is not
constant. The progress bar stops, sometimes for more 1 minute in the
same position. Seems that is struggling to write but something goes
wrong!!!

Any ideas?

vasanag


tlhackque wrote:
>> # cat /etc/exports
>> /share/hdd/data/USB_D1 192.168.2.*(rw,sync,no_root_squash)
>
> Try removing the 'sync' option.
>
> --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, vasanag <vasanag@...> wrote:
>> Gurus,
>>
>> I am experiencing very slow writing speed on my NFS share on my UNSLUNG.
>>
>> To write a file of 40 MB from my UBUNTU machine to the NSLU2 I need 3
>> min 15 sec.
>>
>> To read back the same file to UBUNTU, I need only 15 secs!!!!!!
>>
>> What is going on here? Am I missing something?
>>
>>
>> ************
>>
>> On my NSLU2 running UNSLUNG 6.10
>>
>> # mount
>> ......
>> /dev/sdb1 on /share/hdd/data/USB_D1 type ext3 (rw,noatime)
>>
>>
>> # cat /etc/exports
>> /share/hdd/data/USB_D1 192.168.2.*(rw,sync,no_root_squash)
>>
>>
>> ***********
>>
>> On UBUNTU
>>
>> To mount the share
>>
>> sudo mount 192.168.2.2:/share/hdd/data/USB_D1 /home/anagnost/mnt/nfs_nslu
>>
>>
>> TIA
>> vasanag
>>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
nslu2-linux-digest@yahoogroups.com
nslu2-linux-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
nslu2-linux-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment