Sunday, September 19, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Fedora 12 update error report...help!!

 

I've been building out this Tyan Tiger i7501 (S2723) dual-Xeon 2.8 MHz server board and thought I'd try Fedora after Ubuntu, Mint, OpenSuse gave me a few challenges.  True, the CD on Ubuntu may be wearing out it died at 78%, even after I switched Cat5 cable and video card.  Anyway, what can I do, it's been years since I tried Fedora/Red Hat?

I was surprised Linux tells me I have 4 cores, but not 64-bit, is that why I have these hiccups from Linux?  I just can't help rescuing old hardware bargains, I put this $10.00 board in an old AT Gateway full tower case, a friend made the cut-out for the plugs for me.  I picked up the CPUs at a cheap price on EBay, and used some Intel socket 423 CPU retention clips and coolers.  I did some trades with fellow techs for the 4 GIG of PC3200 ECC RAM.  Luckily, I had a spare on/off power switch because back then the front panel plug was unique to the case and paired with the the lock switch.

As you can see I can figure out hardware, but sometimes software can be puzzling.

Thanks for the suggestions,
Joan in Reno

Info copied and pasted:

Error Type: <class 'yum.Errors.RepoError'>
Error Value: Error getting repository data for installed, repository not found
  File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 3125, in <module>
    main()
  File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 3122, in main
    backend.dispatcher(sys.argv[1:])
  File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/packagekit/backend.py, line 710, in dispatcher
    self.dispatch_command(args[0], args[1:])
  File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/packagekit/backend.py, line 657, in dispatch_command
    self.update_packages(only_trusted, package_ids)
  File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 1948, in update_packages
    signed = self._is_package_repo_signed(pkg)
  File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 1437, in _is_package_repo_signed
    repo = self.yumbase.repos.getRepo(pkg.repoid)
  File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/yum/repos.py, line 121, in getRepo
    'Error getting repository data for $s, repository not found' $ (repoid)

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment