Sunday, September 19, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Fedora 12 update error report...help!!

 

Fedora 12 i686 from Linux Pro Magazine DVD.

/etc/yum.repos.d ...shows:
 stuff there...but Yum Repo still says 2009...hummm...

Fedora 13 just finished downloading, I burned it and will see if it updates.  I just bought that in May, time sure flies.

Thanks,
Joan in Reno

--- On Sun, 9/19/10, Kristen <kris_s@atmyhome.org> wrote:

From: Kristen <kris_s@atmyhome.org>
Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Fedora 12 update error report...help!!
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, September 19, 2010, 9:46 AM

 

On Sunday 19 September 2010 08:09:12 you wrote:

> I've been building out this Tyan Tiger i7501 (S2723) dual-Xeon 2.8 MHz

> server board and thought I'd try Fedora after Ubuntu, Mint, OpenSuse gave

> me a few challenges. True, the CD on Ubuntu may be wearing out it died at

> 78%, even after I switched Cat5 cable and video card. Anyway, what can I

> do, it's been years since I tried Fedora/Red Hat?

>

> I was surprised Linux tells me I have 4 cores, but not 64-bit, is that why

> I have these hiccups from Linux? I just can't help rescuing old hardware

> bargains, I put this $10.00 board in an old AT Gateway full tower case, a

> friend made the cut-out for the plugs for me. I picked up the CPUs at a

> cheap price on EBay, and used some Intel socket 423 CPU retention clips

> and coolers. I did some trades with fellow techs for the 4 GIG of PC3200

> ECC RAM. Luckily, I had a spare on/off power switch because back then the

> front panel plug was unique to the case and paired with the the lock

> switch.

>

> As you can see I can figure out hardware, but sometimes software can be

> puzzling.

>

> Thanks for the suggestions,

> Joan in Reno

>

> Info copied and pasted:

>

> Error Type: <class 'yum.Errors.RepoError'>

> Error Value: Error getting repository data for installed, repository not

> found File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 3125,

> in <module> main()

> File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 3122, in

> main backend.dispatcher(sys.argv[1:])

> File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/packagekit/backend.py, line 710,

> in dispatcher self.dispatch_command(args[0], args[1:])

> File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/packagekit/backend.py, line 657,

> in dispatch_command self.update_packages(only_trusted, package_ids)

> File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 1948, in

> update_packages signed = self._is_package_repo_signed(pkg)

> File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 1437, in

> _is_package_repo_signed repo = self.yumbase.repos.getRepo(pkg.repoid)

> File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/yum/repos.py, line 121, in

> getRepo 'Error getting repository data for $s, repository not found' $

> (repoid)

Some extra info might help out. What version of Fedora/Red Hat are you

installing? When are you getting this yum error? It seems that yum can't find

it's repo info, or use it's repo information. That info is found in

/etc/yum.repos.d

Are you finding that installing Linux is error prone? Have you run memcheck

prior to installs? I trust your using Registered memory as your board requires

it.

Kristen

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment