Sunday, September 5, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Fresh Install and Potential Hazards w/ VBox

 

On Sun, Sep 05, 2010 at 05:44:27PM -0000, Darksyde wrote:
> Hi all!
> My new setup will have VBox, a newer version than the old one which would not upgrade for some reason no matter what I tried. So, once I get the newer version installed, how do I get my XP machine loaded? To be more specific, I would like the XP machine as it is now so that I do not lose a specific app which I will be unable to replace. I created two folders on my external hd and synced "/usr/lib/virtualbox" to one and "/usr/share/virtualbox" to the other. One of the two syncs had an error msg. which I didn't bother to read in my ADD-prone nature. OK, so will I, most likely anyway, be able to move these directories to my new VBox or am I completely off base here?
> Any advice will, of course, be *greatly* appreciated!
> Mark
>

I believe that all I did was copy over the vdi file (from
$HOME/.VirtualBox/HardDisks) and then chose to use it as a pre-existing
hard drive while creating the new machine. However, it was a long time
ago, and I'm not guaranteeing that.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Forrest: This is the burden we bear, brother. We have a gig that
would inevitably cause any girl living to think we are cool upon
cool. Yet, we must Clark Kent our way through the dating scene,
never to use our unfair advantage. Thank God we're pretty.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment