Thursday, September 9, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Fresh Install and Potential Hazards w/ VBox

 

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 08:33:39AM -0400, Roy wrote:
> My VDI files are not under .VirtualBox/Machines, but .VirtualBox/VDI. The
> machines folder has only logs and settings. The actual VDIs are in the VDI
> folder.

ARGH--my bad. I'm so used to checking Machines for the names (as I
usually use VBoxManage or VBoxHeadless, that I wrote it out of habit.)

Interestingly enough, my VDI directory is empty. They are under
$HOME/.VirtualBox/HardDisks

I'm not sure if that's a version number issue, or perhaps you use OSE
and I use the commercial version--but you are, as usual, quite correct,
it's not under Machines, it's under (apparently dependent upon
something) VDI or HardDisks.

Thanks much for the correction.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Xander: I still don't know why we had to come here to look up
information on a killer snot monster.
Giles: Because it's a killer snot monster from outer space. ...I
did not say that.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment