Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Please bear with a newbie w/some questions

 

IMHO, if I was you, I would dual-boot the new pc with Ubuntu.10.04
It would involve adding a Ubuntu partition to your hard drive.
It is a real easy OS to install and use, been using it fer years.
D

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:28 PM, papasmurf <papa.smurf5@myfairpoint.net>wrote:

>
>
> HI FOLKS:
> Am retired senior. Have very old, slow, tired Gateway desktop. Seeking good
> used AMD dual core tower, to finally bring my home pc into the 21st century.
> When I find one, was pondering installing Linux on old pc, so I can spend
> time familiarizing myself with the system. Is this a good way to go?
> Am in the dark on how to access the internet on a Linux-based pc. Live in
> New England and have Fairpoint Communications for home phone/ internet
> service and they don't support Linux. Is there a way around this?
> Having answer to these questions will help to get me started.
> Just read about a program called Mepis and it seemed like a good starting
> point. Comments on this?
> Thank You in advance. TTFN. Old Tom aka papasmurf
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment