Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] What Printer, Scanner Are You Using?

 

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 14:40, peppermark1 <pmark1@verizon.net> wrote:
> Looking for a printer and scanner that works as well with Linux as Windows. I've given up on finding a AlO but would like to know what our Group members have found to work well for them. If you will,
> please give your linux distro & make, model of printer and scanner. Looking to make Linux my OS without having to revert to Windows. Your input would very much be appreciated. Thank you so very much!
> PM

In addition to what Scott said, the Brother printers and scanners (I
have a MFC-7340 that works quite well) are very well supported too.

I'd shy away from most Epson scanners (even though I have a V500
Photo) because they are NOT so well supported.

Distro doesn't matter much either. It's all in how much time you want
to spend making it work :-)

I've used mine with both Red Hat based and debian based distros...

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment