Friday, September 3, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Best netbook distro--opinions, anyone?

I prefer the full version of Ubuntu and scale down the icons and text on my
9 inch netbook. I do not like slab menus in general and UNR's interface with
its large icons reeks of it. It just does not look and feel right. It is a
toy operating system. Give me the real thing and I can fix it to work my
way.

Roy

On 2 September 2010 15:57, iloveubuntulinux <valchaulinux@gmail.com> wrote:

>
>
> I tried KDE in the past with Ubuntu but it didn't find my laptop's wireless
> stuff while GNOME found it and it worked right away.
> I would like to know why you are running the Ubuntu desktop when there is a
> netbook edition ?
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com <LINUX_Newbies%40yahoogroups.com>,
> "kupkake191" <bsddaemon@...> wrote:
> >
> > I'm running Ubuntu Desktop 10.04 on my Dell Mini 10, and it runs smooth
> with only 1G of RAM. I've tried PCBSD and as yet they are not supporting the
> bastardized graphics card from intel (GPA500) that is in my system. Like you
> I tried Kubuntu and I didn't care for it, as I thought the regular desktop
> version had more features. EasyPeasy ran well also.
> >
> > --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com <LINUX_Newbies%40yahoogroups.com>,
> "dbneeley" <dbneeley@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, I now have two new machines in my possession temporarily--my own
> new one and an Asus 1005PA netbook. This puppy has an Atom 450 processor,
> integrated graphics, a 250 GB hard drive, and I have already upped the RAM
> to its maximum of 2 GB. I'll only have it for three weeks or so, as it is
> destined for my stepson in Ukraine. Meanwhile, though, I thought it might be
> interesting to play with a netbook distro or two--I now have it dual booting
> with Kubuntu Netbook Edition, which I'm not yet sure I like.
> > >
> > > So what do y'all think? I'm considering giving Meego a spin, but other
> than that I haven't a clue.
> > >
> > > Regarding the UL30--I will be returning the Samsung external DVD writer
> I bought for it on Thursday, as it can only seem to burn coasters. Of
> course, if successive burners do this then I'll have to look seriously at
> the machine itself--so I do hope it's just a faulty DVD unit.
> > >
> > > david
> > >
> >
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment