Tuesday, September 7, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: What Printer, Scanner Are You Using?

 

Using a Brother MFC 7440N, a networked printer using a Belkin router.
The computers interfaced are a Lenovo desk top running Ubuntu 9 04/or Vista Home Basic (separate plug-in drives) and a Dell Laptop running Vista Home Prem or some such.

I have not yet tried to install to my new box, an ASUS M3N72-D MB etc still trying to sort out other issues with Ubuntu 10 04.

I had expert advise setting this printer up, but now I don't know if the "cups wrapper" I'm using will work with the 64 bit Linux, nor whether I should install the wrapper first, or the scanner and printer drivers first.

Any advice on the above?

Rex Backus

>
> In addition to what Scott said, the Brother printers and scanners (I
> have a MFC-7340 that works quite well) are very well supported too.
>
> I'd shy away from most Epson scanners (even though I have a V500
> Photo) because they are NOT so well supported.
>
> Distro doesn't matter much either. It's all in how much time you want
> to spend making it work :-)
>
> I've used mine with both Red Hat based and debian based distros...
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment