Sunday, September 5, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Fresh Install and Potential Hazards w/ VBox

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Scott <scottro@...> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Sep 05, 2010 at 05:44:27PM -0000, Darksyde wrote:
> > Hi all!
> > My new setup will have VBox, a newer version than the old one which would not upgrade for some reason no matter what I tried. So, once I get the newer version installed, how do I get my XP machine loaded? To be more specific, I would like the XP machine as it is now so that I do not lose a specific app which I will be unable to replace. I created two folders on my external hd and synced "/usr/lib/virtualbox" to one and "/usr/share/virtualbox" to the other. One of the two syncs had an error msg. which I didn't bother to read in my ADD-prone nature. OK, so will I, most likely anyway, be able to move these directories to my new VBox or am I completely off base here?
> > Any advice will, of course, be *greatly* appreciated!
> > Mark
> >
>
> I believe that all I did was copy over the vdi file (from
> $HOME/.VirtualBox/HardDisks) and then chose to use it as a pre-existing
> hard drive while creating the new machine. However, it was a long time
> ago, and I'm not guaranteeing that.
>
> --
> Scott Robbins

Thanks, Scott. I guess we'll wait to see if anyone else replies. Meanwhile I think I'll try that on my Ubu computer and see what happens.
M

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment