Monday, September 27, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Please bear with a newbie w/some questions

 

HI FOLKS:
Am retired senior. Have very old, slow, tired Gateway desktop. Seeking good used AMD dual core tower, to finally bring my home pc into the 21st century. When I find one, was pondering installing Linux on old pc, so I can spend time familiarizing myself with the system. Is this a good way to go?
Am in the dark on how to access the internet on a Linux-based pc. Live in New England and have Fairpoint Communications for home phone/ internet service and they don't support Linux. Is there a way around this?
Having answer to these questions will help to get me started.
Just read about a program called Mepis and it seemed like a good starting point. Comments on this?
Thank You in advance. TTFN. Old Tom aka papasmurf

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment