Saturday, September 11, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: printer, scanner are you using? - update

 

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 00:22, James Boyd <lv1jboyd@gmail.com> wrote:
> I always try to use epson.  I have never had any problems w/ them

Epson's work fine, to a point. The problem is when you get into the
higher end Epson scanners (not printers, that I'm aware of at least)
the linux drivers either don't exist or don't support all the
features...

Good example: my V500 Photo does some really good things with dust
removal and scratch correction (it's a mid range photo/negative
scanner) but only when using the scanner in Windows. In Linux, I have
to use drivers that don't support all the scanner's functionality, and
iScan (I haven't gotten anything else to actually scan with the Epson,
only iscan using the drivers from the company that releases iscan).

So yeah, for a lot of cases, Epson scanners and printers will do fine
(the printers should mostly all work) but in my own experience I'm at
about 50/50...

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment