Tuesday, November 9, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] 9 pin s-video problems on dell dimention 4600c

 

First the hardware specs,
I was told this is an APG graphics card, it has a 9 pin s-video port and a funny looking white connector with lots of squares on it.
The rest of the card is stock.
Went on c-net and found this quote.
"This problem was a pretty easy fix for me. If you have a normal 4 pin s-video cable, get a verry thin screw driver or something. Take one end of the cable, and bend the little plastic bit inside until it breaks off.
With this plastic tab removed, the cable will fit perfectly on your 9pin video card port. From reading here, i'm guessing all those extra pins are for audio but the 4 pin used for the picture are in the same position."

So I did that and there is now a picture on the tv, only its very flippy. My mom said to change the vertical hold? Our tv is newer, we don't have that knob.
Running linux mint9 with all updates installed.
I have tried every resolution... no improvement.
During boot in the bios part, the screen displays perfectly.

I assume I will have to mess with the xorg.conf file..... Sigh, bring it on.

I can use the motherboard onboard graphics card (with vga) when the APG card is unpluged, this is only so I can see the screen without it flipping everywhere. so anything I change will have to take effect next boot when the card is pluged in, with the s-video cable.

Thanks,
________marsrover__________

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment