Friday, November 5, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Fedora 14

 

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 12:08:18PM -0400, Roy wrote:
> My latest headache with Fedora involves KDE. I can't get any sound to
> work besides System Sounds. No sound with Flash or even playing media
> files. Nada. I switched to GNOME and everything is working fine. This
> leads me to believe that the KDE version is faulty. It couldn't be
> anything that I have done. :)
>

My own experience with Fedora is that it is less gnome-centric than it
used to be--these days, sound usually works out of the box for me, more
or less, even after doing a minimal installation, then adding things
later.

I haven't (yet) seen much on the forums about sound with KDE. Of
course, it just came out, and I think the majority use Gnome.

If I see something, especially a trend, on the forums about it, I'll
post here.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Buffy: You're a vampire. Oh, I'm sorry. Was that an offensive
term? Should I say undead American?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment