Tuesday, November 30, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Help choosing the right Linux Distro

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "rkzbos" <jackrossini@...> wrote:
>
> I am interested in learning and running Linux on my PC, but their are many choices to choose from when if comes to which Linux version or Distro to get.
>
> To help narrow it down to my needs, I need a Linux OS for general use and that it doesn't causes me to up grade every 6 months.
> Can someone help explain to me or find information about the differences of the Linux Distros.
>
> rkzbos
>

A Linux distribution with a good upgrade path is always a wise choice. All software needs to be updated on a regular basis. That is just the nature of things.

One of the beauties of Linux is you can try before you buy. When I first started using Linux I distro hopped quite a bit and learned a little with each change I made. I feel it was a good way to gain knowledge of the system.

Make /home on a separate partition and changing will be fairly easy.

Paul

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment