Tuesday, November 23, 2010

[nslu2-linux] Re: Inaccessible slug, unusual behavior

 

> I am running SlogOS 4.8. Rarely and irregurarly my slug has the following behavior:
>
> 1. stops accepting ssh connections
> 2. does not allow NFS connections
> 3. does not allow connections to the imap server
> 4. stops logging
>
I would first check the power supply voltage under load.
There is a long tradition of PSU slowly failing (due to capacitor decay), I had to replace mine with a pro unit after struggling for weeks to understand why I kept having issues with a hub connected hard drive till I realized that the provided voltage was not enough to power everything.
The advantage of this pro PSU was that I could use it to feed the NLSU (and its current replacement the sheevaplug), the hub (and the attached 2" hd) and also a green switch (Linksys if I remember correctly) which works on just 5v.
Also it is far more efficient than 3 cheap PSU and requires 1 power plug.

Just my 0.000000000005 cents! ;-)

Max

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment