Tuesday, November 23, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: dual monitors

 

See below.

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "lnthomp" <lnthomp@...> wrote:
>
> On my keyboard, Fn+F5 lowers the built-in screen brightness. Fn+F8 switches between internal and external monitors, but when it selects both it defaults to cloning the screens, instead of extending the desktop.
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Anton Sutrisno <ant.bkl@> wrote:
> >
> > Enter the CRT from the monitor cable to the laptop and press Fn + F5.
> > May be useful.
> >
> > On 11/23/10, Lee Thompson <lnthomp@> wrote:
> > > I am using kubuntu 10.10 on an ASUS laptop. Sometimes I attach my
> > > desktop screen, and set it up to display an extended screen across the
> > > laptop screen and the desktop screen. Every time I boot, I have to redo
> > > the system settings for this. Is there a way to make the system
> > > settings remember how to display on 2 screens?
> > >
> > > Lee Thompson
> > > Midland, Texas, USA
> > >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Anton Sutrisno
> >
> > http://www.antonsutrisno.webs.com
> >
>

I believe you have to run whatever tool you use (mine is an Nvidia
card) to set up both monitors as root. This means

sudo <tool name>

Then once you have it set up, have the tool save the settings. If
you happen to use an Nvidia card and would like more specifics,
please let me know. Personally, it does not bother me to set it
up each time. This is largely due to the fact that I don't
have to restart Linux during the work day. I only have to set it
up once in the morning and it works all day.

Loyal

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Be a homeroom hero ¿ help Yahoo! donate up to $350K to classrooms!


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment