Sunday, November 21, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Help with Ubuntu 9.04

 

Jack: It would porbably help yo upgrade to a later version of Ubuntu -
10.10.

I have found moderns problematic with Linux and what I've discovered
works most times it to have the modem connected and working before you
start Ubuntu.
All the install discs supplied by ISPs are Windows based and at worst
you made need a Window machine to connect your modem.
But first fire up the modem, when it s operational start up Ubunut.
Once Ubuntu is working test the connection by firing up your browser. If
this wortks don't muck around with setting or anything just accepts that
it works.
If no, in Ubuntu 10.10 there is in System/Administration Additional
drivers. Run this and see if it helps.
You may have better luck trying this with a 'live' dsisc rather than the
Ubuntu install itself.
In all matters computers Google is your friend - Good luck

Richard I

On 21/11/10 22:57, rkzbos wrote:
>
> Hello, I read through the Linux Newbie FAQ and could not find the help
> I was looking for.
>
> I have Ubuntu 9.04 and I can not get it to find my external US Robotic
> modem.
>
> What should I do?
>
> Thank you
> jack
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment