Thursday, November 25, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Expanding linux partitions

 

I tried using the live boot Cd. Wouldent detect my partitions, said someting about overlapping partitions and bad scecktors. So I removed the MBR header. It then detected my partitions, I then moved them, and tried to reinstall GRUB. No go. Manual boot of partition next. No OS found. So it was obvious I had trashed my partition. :(
Reinstalled mint 9. Pulled it up. Found out mint 10 has been released. CRAP.
Installed all the updates, reinstalled my programs (I did have a program list backup file) reloaded my home folder ( I love backups).
Just about everything is back to normal. Only lost my firefox bookmarks.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Be a homeroom hero ¿ help Yahoo! donate up to $350K to classrooms!

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment