Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Re: [nslu2-linux] USB Sound dongles with NSLU2

 

   I did this dance a couple of years ago with some learning curve.

   Bottom line:  I was only able to make this work on Unslung 6.10 with a USB that had the prescribed C-Media chipset.  I ended up with a USB audio device that has a CM108 chipset.

https://www.microbarn.com/details.aspx?rid=102065

   Without the CM108 chipset, I was only able to utilize playback with audio output at 44.1 kHz sample rates.  MPD (which is my primary, nay, ONLY playback source) output in my setup is at 48 kHz, which made for a mess without the CM108 chipset.

   The SlugAsAudioPlayer page on the wiki is very good, and I was able to follow the directions completely.  Note that the guidance there regarding the use of USB hubs is accurate.  I was unable to use the audio device while plugged into a 2.0 hub.  I ended up with a configuration that has the audio device as well as the flash drive with Unslung 6.10 plugged into a 1.2 USB hub (in Port 2).  My external hard drives are all plugged into a 2.0 hub (in Port 1).

   Good luck!

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Harsh <harshbaste@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
 

Hi all,

Just wanted to know what experiences people have had with USB sound dongles on the NSLU2 / SlugOS. The site lists really old and eol'd hardware so wanted recommendations on newer hardware if possible. Does anyone have any experience with a Creative SB1140 USB card e.g. How good does it sound / is there any distortion?

Thanks,
H


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Be a homeroom hero ¿ help Yahoo! donate up to $350K to classrooms!

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment