Monday, December 21, 2009

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Using internet on CLI with proxy settings

 



--- On Mon, 12/21/09, Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

From: Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Using internet on CLI with proxy settings
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, December 21, 2009, 3:04 AM

 

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 01:57:12AM -0800, Victor Emmanuel wrote:

> Dear All,

>

> Please, I run both Centos 5 and Fedora 9 on CLI mode but my internet settings here requires me to use a proxy server and port settings e.g if my proxy address is 192.168.1.112 at port 3128 and it asks me for authentication say username is "guest" and password "welcome". This I set on my explorer settings on windows how can i do these on my Linux boxes that is not running GUI interfaces?

>>What are you using to access the Internet? w3m? Lynx?

>>Most of these also have options for entering authentication settings.
Thanks Scott,
I really dont need it for browsing but for installing updates from internet using yum, rpm or to ping or trace an address on the internet. Is there any place I need to place such settings ?
Thanks.
EV.
--
He was wounded for our transgressions and was bruised for our iniquites, the chastisement of our peace was upon Him and by His stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53: 5.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment