Thursday, December 31, 2009

[nslu2-linux] Re: Java 5 (for Subsonic) on unslung 6.10

 

Java 5 is a dead end on nslu2, especially on unslung.
Even though you might be able to install openjdk on debian slug, it's slow.

-Brian

--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "M.J. Johnson" <threeeyedtoad@...> wrote:
>
> Hello. I've currently got an NSLU2 running unslung 6.10, along with a nice
> server-side (MPD) PHP-based music proggy (relaxx player - very nice!). I'd
> like to play around with another music server called Subsonic (
> http://subsonic.sourceforge.net), which has a sweet client for Android
> phones. The installation apparently requires Java 5 (
> http://subsonic.sourceforge.net/installation.php).
>
> I searched older posts to this group, and saw that at least one user asked
> if this community had any experience with running Subsonic. Ultimately s/he
> was directed toward other music server alternatives.
>
> So, the questions:
>
> - Has anyone successfully gotten Subsonic running on the Slug? If so, could
> you provide guidance for replication? If not, are there obvious technical
> reasons why I shouldn't bother attempting? (Perhaps system requirements?)
>
> - Assuming no one has tried running Subsonic, is it possible to install Java
> 5 on the Slug? I searched the wiki, and found this (
> http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/UseJavaOnTheSlug) but the instructions
> are a bit intimidating (compared to other Slug "recipes" I've found), and
> clearly intended for a more advanced user than I. It was unclear to me what
> version of Java those instructions were for... it also involved compiling
> binaries, which I have zero experience with, and would prefer to avoid, if
> at all possible.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment