Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Attn loyal barber, Re: Connect to MS Home Network

 


----- Original Message -----
From: "loyal_barber" <loyal_barber@yahoo.com>

>> <snip>
> Glad to hear things are better. I am going to have to study your
> issue of not being able to see things from the Mint computer. BTW,
> many others recommended doing this from the command line and to
> an extent, they are correct. Getting into the command line is a
> good thing all said. However, since this is a newbies list and
> since the system-config-samba tool works SO well, I just don't see
> the point for what you wanted and given that you are a brand new
> convert. I do hope that you find Mint as good as I have. I run
> several machines with CentOS and one Ubuntu. On my traveling and
> working machine, my laptop, I run Mint. It just works beautifully.
>
> Loyal

Hi loyal,
I'm afraid the syntax required in using the command line is mostly still
well over my head at this point
however I'm very impressed with all the features I've discovered in Mint so
far.
Managed to get virtualbox running with XP this evening so I still have
access to those items not available in Linux.
Also trying to come to grips with Thunderbird as a replacement for OE.
Steep learning curve at present but I'm actually doing more now on this
spare Mint box now than on my main PC!
Thanks again for your assistance.
G.

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment