Thursday, December 31, 2009

[LINUX_Newbies] Attn loyal barber, Re: Connect to MS Home Network

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Grump" <fuelg44@...> wrote:
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "loyal_barber" <loyal_barber@...>
>
> >> <snip>
> > Glad to hear things are better. I am going to have to study your
> > issue of not being able to see things from the Mint computer. BTW,
> > many others recommended doing this from the command line and to
> > an extent, they are correct. Getting into the command line is a
> > good thing all said. However, since this is a newbies list and
> > since the system-config-samba tool works SO well, I just don't see
> > the point for what you wanted and given that you are a brand new
> > convert. I do hope that you find Mint as good as I have. I run
> > several machines with CentOS and one Ubuntu. On my traveling and
> > working machine, my laptop, I run Mint. It just works beautifully.
> >
> > Loyal
>
> Hi loyal,
> I'm afraid the syntax required in using the command line is mostly still
> well over my head at this point
> however I'm very impressed with all the features I've discovered in Mint so
> far.
> Managed to get virtualbox running with XP this evening so I still have
> access to those items not available in Linux.
> Also trying to come to grips with Thunderbird as a replacement for OE.
> Steep learning curve at present but I'm actually doing more now on this
> spare Mint box now than on my main PC!
> Thanks again for your assistance.
> G.
>
Loyal got me into Mint also and I love the hell out of it! One keeps hearing that "Linux isn't ready for the desktop" or such but I believe that Mint (and other *buntu derivatives) make this a difficult statement to defend. I found Vista to be much more alien (after using XP) than Mint, and the amount of drive space I saved by dumping Vista was unbelievable!
Cogito ergo Linux,
Mark

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment