Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Disabling Install on Live CD's

 

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 15:06, Darksyde <m_alexander61@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Thanks, Jeff, I'll peruse the files next time I am about to burn a disk.  You're right, of
> course, about it being nearly impossible to install accidentally but some friends have
> teenagers...need I say more?

HAH... that's all the better... break them of the Windows habit early ;-)

For what it's worth, you can just mount the iso and look at it any
time you want...

mount /path/to/iso /path/to/mount/point -o loop

I usually make a temp mount point for mounting isos... something like
/media/iso...

Cheers
Jeff

--

Stephen Leacock - "I detest life-insurance agents: they always argue
that I shall some day die, which is not so." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/stephen_leacock.html

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment