Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Re: [nslu2-linux] Fwd: WD My Book Mirror Edition works with UnSlung

 


Hello Cecil,

I have my NSLU2 running with a 1 TB My Book Mirror Edition (500 GB RAID 1)
now running for about one week. I use V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.8. I used the same
rsync method as you did, but I used a Knoppix CD for it.

Since I use the Mirror Edition disk (instead of my old 500 GB Essential
Edition) I have strange hangups. The My Book Mirror Edition apprears to be
in power save mode and the NSLU2 does not respond to SSH, HTTP or rsync. I
suspect that the problem is that the disk does not wake up from power save
mode. Do you also have this problem ?

Best regards,
Andreas

janne5011 wrote:
>
> --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Cecil McCullough" <c3c@...>
> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I'm sharing this info because I searched and found no success stories
> with the WD My Book Mirror using ext3 with UnSlung on NSLU2. I bought
> the 2TB model, #WD2000H2U-00, which uses RAID1 with two internal 1TB
> disks. I formatted the disk as ext3 using the UnSlung format tool.
> Worked fine. So far, so good.
>
> Since I'm upgrading from an existing UnSlung disk, I needed to
> transfer about 230GB of data to the My Book. I used the rsync method
> at the bottom of this page without a hitch:
> http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SwapDrivesOnUnslung
>
> <snip>
>
>

--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Fwd%3A--WD-My-Book-Mirror-Edition-works-with-UnSlung-tp21506558p26934156.html
Sent from the Nslu2 - Linux mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment