Sunday, December 20, 2009

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: help with computer not booting up

 

Also I have removed the hdd and put it in an external drive shell and pluged it into another computer, it worked fine. I just thought it was maybe a bootstrap problem, I did something stupid and wanted a fresh clean install on that hdd and put it back in the computer and nothing. The same thing. Perhaps it's bios got flashed or changed on accident.

Michael

On Dec 20, 2009, at 10:27, "dbneeley" <dbneeley@gmail.com> wrote:

It it boots from a live CD or bootable USB drive, then it is likely the hard disk. That is easily enough replaced, if so.

If not, it could be a variety of things ranging from a boot rom to a short on the motherboard...but check the bootable CD/USB option first.

David

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <michaelfirefox@...> wrote:
>
> I have a computer that is HP Pavillian that had ubuntu 9.04 with gnome running on it. This is what happened:
>
> I had to leave so I locked the screen and closed the laptop. I came back to it a couple of days later only to find that it was off. I tried to turn it back on but I get just past the POST test and the phenox tech screen with options comes up. Then nothing! It will not go further, I pushed both options that were displayed. and still nothing! Can anyone help me out, or is it just fried and need to toss the computer.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment