Wednesday, December 30, 2009

[LINUX_Newbies] Attn loyal barber, Re: Connect to MS Home Network

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Grump" <fuelg44@...> wrote:
>
> Followed your instructions below & still get the message
> "unable to mount location, failed to retrieve share list from server" when
> I click the mshome icon displayed on the network.
> (Samba was already installed but not "system-config-samba")
>
> However things have improved greatly following those steps!
> Since then, the Mint PC now shows up on the XP PCs connected to my network
> & even though mint still can't see my other PCs, I'm able
> to share files between PCs via a shared folder I created on my
> Mint desktop which is good enough for my purposes.
> So many thanks for those detailed instructions.
> G.
>
> <snip>
Glad to hear things are better. I am going to have to study your
issue of not being able to see things from the Mint computer. BTW,
many others recommended doing this from the command line and to
an extent, they are correct. Getting into the command line is a
good thing all said. However, since this is a newbies list and
since the system-config-samba tool works SO well, I just don't see
the point for what you wanted and given that you are a brand new
convert. I do hope that you find Mint as good as I have. I run
several machines with CentOS and one Ubuntu. On my traveling and
working machine, my laptop, I run Mint. It just works beautifully.

Loyal

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment