Saturday, March 27, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Sony Vaio C1XD linux install??

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Scott <scottro@...> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 03:12:23PM -0000, Lee wrote:
> >
> >
> > I have a Sony Vaio 9" netbook which had win 95 installed so I formatted
> > the hard drive to install XP!! but now I find I can`t use the CD drive because I also wiped the CD driver :-/
> >
>
> Does the BIOS see the CD drive? If so, you should, in theory, at least,
> be able to use a CD. The driver should be Windows specific.

Not unless a driver is installed..

> I don't know if something from the Win95 error can use a USB stick, but
> that's another possibility. However, you mention a USB port. If you
> have a USB thumb drive, many distributions can be installed (or used
> with a Live version) from a thumb drive, such as Puppy.

Without an operating system, the usb port only sees the external
floppy drive -have tried memory sticks and iomega zip drive, without
any joy...

Regards.

Lee.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment