Thursday, March 25, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Firefox update ???

 

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 05:31:30AM -0000, sharonbluebird wrote:
>
>
>
> I have enjoyed reading the posts and the sense of comraderie. I actually had answered pretty early Thursday morning but I am so new that my post had to be approved by a moderator before it showed up. I wasn't put off at all.

I didn't realize this list had that.

>
> >
>
> OK, puppy Linux. Installed to a USB stick. So, where do I buy it? At Best Buy? Sam's Club? Or online? Uh, how does one install it to a USB stick? Do I need to buy a new USB stick for this? If so, how big?
>
> >

You wouldn't need to buy Puppy, you can download it, (as well as most
distributions), freely from the web.

As for the USB question--hrrm, I think I answered your second post
first---if you can find one at a reasonable price, go for the 8 GB.
Like Windows, Linux gets more bloated all the time. However, a 2GB one
would work for installing puppy or Ubuntu. 4GB is a good compromise.

>
> I have a crazy schedule and don't often have more than a couple hours of uninterrupted time, so the three or four hour download would be a problem for me.
>

See my other post--you could actually start the upgrade then leave.

>
>
> I think it's time to ditch Linpus.

I agree. :) I think if there's anyone else on the list who has used
it, they'd agree as well.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Buffy: The world is what it is---we fight, we die. Wishing
doesn't change that.
Giles: I have to believe in a better world.
Buffy: Go ahead. I have to live in this one.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment