Friday, March 26, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Need bookmark manager & GIF animation app for Ubuntu.

I should have mentioned re: gif animators that you can run Windows apps
using Wine or in a VM such as Virtualbox if you can't find a suitable Linux
animator.

Roy


On 25 March 2010 19:28, Hammer <sword_of_truth133@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
> Thanks for the replies so far. When I have time I'll look at the
> suggestions. Any other suggestions are welcomed too.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com <LINUX_Newbies%40yahoogroups.com>,
> "Hammer" <sword_of_truth133@...> wrote:
> >
> > Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Hardy Heron
> > Kernel Linux 2.6.24-27-generic
> > Gnome 2.22.3
> >
> > First of all I'm James and I'm new to Linux. I've been using Ubuntu for
> > over two years now and I'm still pretty much a point 'n click guy. [;)]
> > I believe it's safe to say I'll never be great with the command line or
> > the really complex stuff, but I have learned some things. So when
> > replying to me either here or over messenger please break things down
> > Barney style lol.
> >
> > The first thing I'm looking for is a good bookmark manager for Ubuntu.
> > I'd like to find something pretty similar in look and feel and behavior
> > to this http://www.snapfiles.com/get/storurl.html . A lot of people
> > using Linux don't seem to understand why I want an external bookmark
> > manager rather than just use Firefox's, but I have my reasons. Sometimes
> > I can gather upwards of a hundred links that I'll only be using for a
> > short while and I'd just prefer to keep them separate from Firefox.
> >
> > Next I'm looking for a simple gif animation application that can export
> > as well as import layers to individual files. I used to use Ulead GIF
> > Animator 5 which worked quite well for me. I rarely ever use GIMP as I'm
> > not an artist and hardly ever do anything complex with images. There's
> > got to be some application out there that's simple and who's sole
> > purpose is pretty much GIF and perhaps MNG animation. I've Googled this
> > and have seen many conversations similar to this post so if you're going
> > to say use GIMP just don't reply. I have nothing against it, but it's
> > way more than I need and I don't wanna be reading tutorials all day when
> > perhaps I could just get down to business with something simpler.
> >
> > Help with any of the above listed would be greatly appreciated. I'd
> > prefer it if someone could instant message me so we could chat live and
> > I could ask questions. I have IM names on all of the popular services.
> > They're below.
> >
> > AOL theobserver711
> > Yahoo! sword_of_truth133
> > Windows Live diversified_madness@...
> > GMail the.great.destroyer13
> > ICQ 353986119
> >
> > Thanks for taking time to read this!
> > James
>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment