Tuesday, March 30, 2010

RE: [nslu2-linux] Pendrive like swap

 

I've done both, and it makes *very* little difference.    I'm really no expert in USB or the slug hardware, but kswapd0 always starts maxing out when I/O hits 5Mpbs regardless of target.  I bought a 30Mb/s ATV Turbo flash drive for just that purpose, and it did ZILCH for the speed.  I've thought about fattening the slug many times, but I've neither the reflow soldering gun, nor the guts to do it ;-)   I'd abandon ship for something with more RAM, but the Slug is just too cool. :)


So, in summary, YMMV, but there's certainly no harm in it.. except of course you stand a good chance of wearing your pen drive out.  






To: nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
From: guber1@ymail.com
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:35:28 +0000
Subject: [nslu2-linux] Pendrive like swap

 
Hi, i'm thinking to format my nslu2 with debian to do a clean install and i have thinking to put the swap partition on a pen drive and not in the hard drive because i think it could do the nslu faster and reduce the hard drive activity because now the hard drive is working every time, dou you that is better to put the swap partition on the same disk of debian on in the pendrive?




Not got a Hotmail account? Sign-up now - Free

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment