Saturday, March 27, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Will this work and can a novice do it?

 

> Hrrm, how old is that post? RH 8 is probably 10 years old.

close to 8 years old. I did not realize it was that old

> > I happen to have a Dell GX260 also and I have wanted to have a linux system for the longest time. Any ideas on how I should proceed?? Where do I get drivers for it??
>
> It should just work. Ubuntu, Fedora, and so on. Assuming it has at
> least 512MB of RAM, though 1GB would be better.
>
> Network, video and so on should just work. You can always try with a
> liveCD to make sure before trying to install.

Thank you for the information. It only has about 256mb of ram. I do think that is funny because I remember a time when people thought 256mb was too much and questioned if I really need that much ram. Now it is not enough :)

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment