Monday, March 29, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Sony Vaio C1XD linux install??

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Scott <scottro@...> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 05:10:58PM -0400, Roy wrote:
> > The key to resolving boot issues with Linux is to get out of graphical boot
> > mode into text mode so that you can watch the loading process to see what is
> > causing the problem.
>
> Sounds like he's actually doing that--the casper/vmlinuz is in the text
> boot.
> > >
>
> > > I have been busy downloading Suse only to find it will not install
> > > on my Dell ... trying to load .../casper/vmlinuz ... and failing, so
> > > I downloaded Ubuntu 9.10 remix and that did the same, so I booted up
> > > into XP to see the disk files and it opened up inviting me to install
> > > in windows!!!
>
> Now, is this a VAIO? I've lost track.

Hi Scot.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I had shelved the vaio until I
have the correct boot driver floppy disk and dragged out my old Dell
Latitude as a more suitable candidate!

> I see, on a Linux Mint forum, that
> a couple of people were simply unable to install on the Sony VAIO.
>
> It's conceivable that these are bad burns. Sometimes this means it
> can't find files. Boot messages can be cryptic.
>
> You might try googling stops at casper/vmlinuz
>
> Are there any other messages after that, or it just hangs?
>
> Here's the Mint thread.
>
> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=39569

Interesting reading, Thanks.
>
> You might try puppy and see if that loads--it will actually run from the
> CD (or USB stick.)

I`ll give it a try.

Regards.

Lee.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment