Saturday, March 27, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Will this work and can a novice do it?

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "David M" <excalibur@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Andy <andyp@> wrote:
> >
> <snip>
>
> I happen to have a Dell GX260 also and I have wanted to have a linux system for the longest time. Any ideas on how I should proceed?? Where do I get drivers for it??
>
> Thank you
>

I have set up a Dell GX260 with CentOS 5 so I think almost anything
you try will work. If it has 512 MB, I would try a light weight
desktop like Xubuntu or Mint Fluxbox edition. This is assuming you
want to use it as a desktop, not server.

On the GX260 I set up (2 GB) it runs a web server and bug tracker.
CentOS recognized every device on it. In other words, you don't
have to hunt for drivers like the old Windoze world.

Loyal

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment