Tuesday, October 11, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Audible internet disconect sound?

 

Hi, I have a dodgy internet connection. Every couple of hours when I'm doing a big download, it will randomly turn off and lose connection.
I need a sound to play on my computer to warn me that I have lost connection on ppp0 and it needs to be reset and re-connected.
I did a few google searches and there doesen't seem to be anyone with a script for that.
Linux mint 10
Internet is a sprint wireless broadband modem.
I would like the script to play a .wav or .mp3 of my choice.
Can anyone help me design this? (I know very little C++ and even less VB)

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment