Sunday, October 2, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: recommended desktops ?

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, dc <d_coyle@...> wrote:
>
> I'm looking for a new desktop. First, I wonder if any of you kind
> gentlemen have any special recommendations for machines to get, or
> opinions about machines to avoid? Second, is it correct that I can
> install 32 bit linux on a 64 bit machine? Last, am I likely to have any
> trouble ripping out microsoft and reformatting drives?
>
> Grateful thanks
>

I'm running 32 bit Linux on my 64 bit machine. As an added bonus it gets me 2 more virtual CPUs. I build my systems. This is the last one I assembled:

http://i.imgur.com/LkRIS.jpg

It runs Linux OK. About the only recommendation I can give is don't spend a whole lot on the tower spend it on the monitor as that is where you'll see your investment. Sure there's computers way faster than mine but mine is plenty fast enough for me and mine looks great to me! ha-ha.

No matter how fast you think you are there is always someone faster:

http://www.nsc.riken.jp/K/diary_eng.html

But you can look better than they do. Now next week when someone is faster than they are then they'll wish that they'd spent more on their monitors too!

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment