Monday, October 31, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Xubuntu menus

 

I prefer the XFCE session to the Xubuntu session, the menu is much
more detailed. I usually change their login screen as well, I find
that blue skyline login desktop is ugly. I edit the lightdm files and
put in my own desktop. If it wasn't for the all the work involved,
which I don't feel like doing, I'd probably run a distro like Arch or
even Linux From Scratch.

GR

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 9:12 PM, Roy <linuxcanuck@gmail.com> wrote:
> Xubuntu is themed by Canonical and XFCE Session is out of the box XFCE. The
> same thing will happen if you install Kubuntu and KDE or Ubuntu and GNOME
> (pre-11.04). The desktop environment is a separate project and Canonical
> adds its own flavour to it.
>
> Roy
> Using Kubuntu 11.10, 64-bit
> Location: Canada
>
>
> On 30 October 2011 14:23, GR Gaudreau <grgaud@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> **
>>
>>
>> Thanks, Roy, much appreciated. I've noticed the menu is different when
>> I run a Xubuntu session than an XFCE session when loging in. I prefer
>> the XFce session.
>>
>> GR Gaudreau
>>
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Roy <linuxcanuck@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > http://wiki.xfce.org/howto/customize-menu
>> >
>> > Roy
>> >
>> > Using Kubuntu 11.10, 64-bit
>> > Location: Canada
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > On 29 October 2011 19:15, c beck <usabecker@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >> sent from a mobile device
>> >> On Oct 29, 2011 2:15 PM, "revgaud" <grgaud@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>> Hi all,
>> >>> I'm new to the list. I've been running Linux for a while now, but still
>> >> consider myself a noob. I've been looking for a way to edit menus
>> manually
>> >> in Xubuntu 11:10, and so far all I[ve been able to find is that
>> >> /usr/applications seems to be the place to do this. Is there a file
>> >> somewhere that can be edited to change the main menu in Xubuntu?
>> >>>
>> >>> Regards,
>> >>> Revgaud
>> >>>
>> >> I'm on mobile so can't verify, but the info on the link below looks like
>> >> what I was editing in xfce, who's is the desktop xubuntu is using...
>>  should
>> >> get you started at least I hope
>> >>
>> >> http://xubuntu.wordpress.com/2006/07/12/manually-edit-the-xfce-menu/
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> ------------------------------------
>> >>
>> >> To unsubscribe from this list, please email
>> LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo!
>> Groups Links
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>> > ------------------------------------
>> >
>> > To unsubscribe from this list, please email
>> LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo!
>> Groups Links
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>> GR Gaudreau
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>

--

Regards,
GR Gaudreau

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment