Saturday, October 29, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] New features in 11.04

 

I just wanted to add so I was not misunderstood at all of how I did
appreciate you sharing your long time experience (mine is still limited,
off and on for a couple years) and I believe more times than not that
'Experience is the Best Teacher'.

Point is that what I call is that I have "discovery" in the windows
security software industry is simply by a painstaking manual search of
my Windows PC I found malware entries in the RASautodial area of the
windows registry. Now I was running and trying the top rated antispyware
products at that time (about 2003) and none of these had found these.
Their advertising company reputations are based on a full detection and
removal fully of any spyware installation. Now obviously they missed
these plain as day. As example, there was the famous whioch became
infamous "Bonzi Buddy" software package that was flagged legally by
antispyware companies. These are just one example of a large handful of
these malware entries as a sort of 'call home' or malware dialer install.

So my point is that I wanted to be clear was that in no way as I stated
was I or intended any put down or accusing of in any manner. I enjoyed
the input and have regarded it and have the feeling you probably know
your machine (s) like the back of your hand and would be a rare day to
learn something new ---- along those lines. Again, in the point made
s0metimes expereience is the best teacher as opposed to all the
commercial stuff out there which obviously can and has failed us time to
time.

best 2 u
gerald philly pa usa
https://sites.google.com/site/linuxducks/home

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment