Monday, October 3, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: recommended desktops ?

 

You are most certainly correct! The monitor is the second most important thing in any computer setup and it is wise to invest in a top quality display.

I just upgraded from an LCD backlit 22 inch monitor to a 24 inch ViewSonic that is LED backlit unit. I've owned Trinitron, AOC and ViewSonic displays back to the CRT days when the largest size was 14 inches and, WOW, what a difference today. The Sonys and ViewSonics were the best in those days and their three year, non-limited, factory replacement warranties never had to be used! I suspect that given the service life of LEDs over flourescent tubes, my new one will last longer than I do! :)

Kele

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <pfrederick1@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, dc <d_coyle@> wrote:
>
> >
> > Thanks Paul,
> >
> > I agree 100%, especially about the monitor. Very reassuring to see your
> > setup, I wish I was young enough to imitate you.
>
> My monitor logic stems from the fact that a good monitor will outlive the usefulness of 2 PCs. So if it looks good the day you get it then it'll look good 10 years from now too!
>
> I don't see how building a system is any harder than picking a good one to buy is. There really isn't all that much to actually physically assembling the things. The only real skill I am aware of is being able to pick parts that work well together. All the information to do that right is up online today too.
>
> The thing is not to get carried away with all the hype.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment