Saturday, March 29, 2014

[LINUX_Newbies] Installing Linux on XP machine

 

I have an Acer Aspire One Atom Processor 1gb ram 150gb hard drive.
Looking to change to Linux because of the XP debaucle.
My usage is internet surfing and online banking. Would need the ability to view pdf files, nothing unique. The machine has no cd drive, nor do I have an external drive. I do have usb ports. I have used pc dos, q-modem, and dealt with figuring out modem initialization strings in the before time, but like many, have been reduced to an "appliance operator" as things became more complicated. SO.....how do I make the switch?
Mike

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment