Monday, March 24, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Downloading Problem

 

Hi Roy,

You wrote:

> If you continue to experience issues (and I am confounded ...

I assume that is about my "troubles" which are due
to my newness (this is the first I've been trying to
download such big files) and the fact that, with my
daily schedule, I make progress very slowly. I'm
getting into the urlget/uget reference next.

> ... I would suggest that you check out
> https://www.osdisc.com/index.html. You can order a disk for most
> distros for $6 on disk or $15 on usb stick. You are not paying for the
> OS which is free, but for the media.

That's one of my fallback options, provided I fail
at getting the primary iso things to work out.

> I would try Unetbootin first though. Just install it in Windows,
> insert the usb stick and choose the distribution that you want. It
> will download and install it as a bootable usb stick.

That's near the top of my list of things to try. It
actually sounds more convenient than the Linux
site's iso download method.

--

Regards,

Gene Falck
gfalck@merr.com

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (36)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment