Saturday, March 22, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Downloading Problem

 

Hi Ken and All,

I wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>
> You wrote:
>> Getting a large download on a slow connection is the norm ever since downloads became available. Hence download managers. I see several are available both for windows and for linux.
> I haven't even tried to get an iso download on my
> slowest method (dialup, mostly just for email) LOL.
> Getting a download manager is on my list of things
> to look into.

I think I will have to add a download manager to my
toolkit for this and probably future projects. For any
new software from unfamiliar sources, the question
is always which ones are OK? An unknown found by
googling might be just right, might be written by a
fumbler, or (worst of all) by someone with an intent
to do evil things.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

--

Regards,

Gene Falck
gfalck@merr.com

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (28)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment