Saturday, March 29, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Installing Linux on XP machine

 

Hi Mike,

You wrote:

> I have an Acer Aspire One Atom Processor 1gb ram 150gb hard drive.
> Looking to change to Linux because of the XP debaucle.
> My usage is internet surfing and online banking. Would need the
> ability to view pdf files, nothing unique. The machine has no cd
> drive, nor do I have an external drive. I do have usb ports. I have
> used pc dos, q-modem, and dealt with figuring out modem initialization
> strings in the before time, but like many, have been reduced to an
> "appliance operator" as things became more complicated. SO.....how do
> I make the switch?

You're not far off from where I am with my Gateway
netbook (Gateway was bought out by Acer, it appears)
which also has XP and is not suited to upgrading to a
"better" Windows, even if I wanted to. Check out the
two recent threads, "Downloading Problem" and "What
next" for ideas.

--

Gene Falck
gfalck@merr.com

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment