Sunday, July 6, 2014

[LINUX_Newbies] Another question about Installing Mint 17 Mate

 

Hi All,

I've noticed that there is a dev/sdc involved in some of my
terminal inquiry results while booted from the Live CD USB
and also on a popup that happens (when trying to install)
when the preparatory screen that has the "For best results,
Please ensure that..." matters. The popup asks whether I
want to Unmount partitions that are in use and specifies
that /dev/sdc is in question.

So what is /dev/sdc? It seems that "partitions in use" have
to be on the computer I want have running on Mint or else
on the Live CD USB; The terminal command df -h shows a
/dev/sdc1 as being on the USB with 6.6G of content I most
likely don't want to lose.

That "unmounting it" sounds rather drastic (depending on
what it is)--is that even an acceptable idea?

It also avers that if I leave "them" mounted, I will not be able
to create, delete, or resize partitions on "these" disks.

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Gene C. Falck" <gfalck@merr.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment