Monday, July 28, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Wireless Connection on Laptop

 

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 09:29:45AM -0700, bearjercares@gmail.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:

>
> PROBLEM: I have an older Lenovo laptop which had Windows XP on it and I thought I could install a lighter version of Linux, so I tried both Lubuntu and Peppermint, but neither one will show my wireless router. Both Lubuntu and Peppermint work fine with a wired ethernet connection and provides full Internet connectivity. I have Comcast as my ISP and a Linksys 2000 wireless router - works fine for all the other computers and tablets I have in my home. Can anyone steer me in the right direction to get this laptop to recognize my wifi? Thanks, --Jerry in Michigan, USA

I have a page on troubleshooting wireless. It doesn't sound like the
router is the problem.
I have a page on at least checking if wireless works.

http://srobb.net/wireless.html

As Linux becomes more like Windows, one has
the same types of problem, things not working for no apparent reason.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

__._,_.___

Posted by: Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment