Monday, July 28, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Wireless Connection on Laptop

 

Try RoboLinux, Mint Mate, Bodhi had some help, and Puppy should work. Did you apply the updates while plugged into a wired connection?...that's how it updates any seen hardware, etc. Did you add the extra Lubuntu Restricted in Synaptic MetaPackages? Sometimes plugging in an USB "N" LAN adapter for some Distros might be faster.
Joan in Reno


From: "bearjercares@gmail.com [LINUX_Newbies]" <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com>
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 9:29 AM
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Wireless Connection on Laptop

 
If this request gets repeated on multiple Linux sites, please excuse the extra requests, but I am trying to get a much needed answer this week...

PROBLEM:  I have an older Lenovo laptop which had Windows XP on it and I thought I could install a lighter version of Linux, so I tried both Lubuntu and Peppermint, but neither one will show my wireless router.  Both Lubuntu and Peppermint work fine with a wired ethernet connection and provides full Internet connectivity.  I have Comcast as my ISP and a Linksys 2000 wireless router - works fine for all the other computers and tablets I have in my home.  Can anyone steer me in the right direction to get this laptop to recognize my wifi?    Thanks,  --Jerry in Michigan, USA


__._,_.___

Posted by: Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment