Monday, July 21, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Kububtu network issues

 

I don't think it was firefox issue- I the lap top was refusing to connect to the wireless at all. I never opened a browser just the network manager and always had the connection refused. 
 The connection was always refused.
I say was as I tried a live disk of Mint on the ITT campus where I was having connection issues- it worked and I did new install.
 



On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Justin Bell justin_e_bell2000@yahoo.com [LINUX_Newbies] <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Forgive me if I am repeating the obvious, but I would make sure the problem is not related to the browser.     I presume you are running firefox.  

1) I would try to install google chrome on your laptop and see if it now connects to several networks.   

2) If the problem is browser related, I would then try to run firefox in the native mode (with extensions turned off) and then see if you can log into more than 1 network.

I hope this helps.

Justin




On Monday, July 14, 2014 9:29 PM, "Joan Leach jleach728@sbcglobal.net [LINUX_Newbies]" <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
I read Cinnamon was not going to be offered to Ubuntu in the future. It is from Mint. I'd try from a Live DVD like Mint that has more wi-fi built in, as a test to see if the other network is reachable.
Joan in Reno


From: "patrick Maiorca s.patrick.maiorca@gmail.com [LINUX_Newbies]" <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com>
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2014 6:10 PM
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Kububtu network issues

 
hi,
I am running Kubuntu and I can only get my laptop to connect to one network-
it refuses to connect to anything else.
The security settings are fine- I have installed cinnamon- I forgot which repository and I'm wondering if I could have broken anything doing that.
I don't think I had an issue with fedora- running K and cinnamon 





__._,_.___

Posted by: patrick Maiorca <s.patrick.maiorca@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Your New Favourite Group is Waiting for You!
If you enjoy this group, we have suggestions for others you might like to join.

Yahoo Groups
Control your view and sort preferences per Yahoo Group
You can now control your default Sort & View Preferences for Conversations, Photos and Files in the membership settings page.

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment