Saturday, July 12, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Another question about Installing Mint 17 Mate

 

Hi all,

I've been digging through the many things I've found
but so far I'm still puzzled. I have been able to run
through the Mint 17 Mate installation without doing
any tampering with what it does by default. Since I
got rid of WindowsXP back when I first tried out 16,
I have the whole 160GB drive available for Linux.

Scott, nothing to show for Windows, of course. My
mention of the sdc drive isn't too important as long
as I can just click it away. (It doesn't come up most
of the time anyway so it's an interesting mystery.)

I am now puzzled by the fact that, while I expected
to find the previous install of 17 on sda, it shows
as being on sdb. Since I only have one drive in the
netbook, I'm now wondering whether I should
highlight the sdb to try to set up my partitions the
way I'd like to try. Since I see a lot of different
numbers, I think I should be trying for a root of
10 to 30 GB, a swap of 2GB, and the rest assigned
to /work.

Any thoughts?

--

Regards,

Gene Falck
gfalck@merr.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Gene C. Falck" <gfalck@merr.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment