Monday, July 28, 2014

[LINUX_Newbies] Wireless Connection on Laptop

 

If this request gets repeated on multiple Linux sites, please excuse the extra requests, but I am trying to get a much needed answer this week...


PROBLEM:  I have an older Lenovo laptop which had Windows XP on it and I thought I could install a lighter version of Linux, so I tried both Lubuntu and Peppermint, but neither one will show my wireless router.  Both Lubuntu and Peppermint work fine with a wired ethernet connection and provides full Internet connectivity.  I have Comcast as my ISP and a Linksys 2000 wireless router - works fine for all the other computers and tablets I have in my home.  Can anyone steer me in the right direction to get this laptop to recognize my wifi?    Thanks,  --Jerry in Michigan, USA

__._,_.___

Posted by: bearjercares@gmail.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Yahoo Groups
Instantly Preview Links Before your Click in Groups
Links in Group messages now display a preview image and snippet from the web page

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment